Amplification: 2 x Komet Trainwreck 60. Both had EL-34 tubes in Tahoe, with one amp acting as a spare. At night 1 of the Gorge, the EL-34 tubes in both amps had been replaced by 6L6 tubes in both. By night 3, Trey was back to having 6L6’s in one amp and EL-34’s in the second – the best of both worlds. Toward the end of tour, Trey had dialed in the El-34 sound such that he was using the EL-34 amp almost exclusively and the 6L6 amp only occasionally.
Leslies: 2 x Leslie G-37. One of the Leslies is dedicated to guitar, while the other is used for the samples coming from the McMillen 12-step. There is a Leslie speed selector switch and a volume expression pedal that controls the Guitar Leslie volume. The 2 Leslies are stacked atop one another so you can only see one from the audience.
Electric: Koa #1 starting at the Gorge; Mar Mar is on stage tuned down a full step for Waste (See below for more). Koa #2 was used for Tahoe.
• 2 x Tube Screamer
• Digitech Whammy II
• Ross Compressor
• Beigel Tru-Tron 3x Envelope Filter
• Eventide Space x 3 (2 in effects loops)
• Moog MF-104M analog delay
• 3 x Way Huge Supa Puss atop rack (most of the five have the R79 removed from the printed circuit board, allowing for a smoother curve or more linear slope on the mix control. Note: On Gorge Night 3, one of the Puss delays was removed from the chain to make room for an amp switching channel for EL-34 to 6L6.)
• Victoria Reverberato
• Bradshaw Custom Tremolo
• Shin -Ei UniVibe
• Ibanez DM-2000 digital delay
• McMillen 12-step midi keyboard foot controller (see the bottom of the 2018 Spring TAB Tour entry for a full explainer).