Amplification: 2 x Komet Trainwreck 60. One has 6L6 tubes and the other has EL-34, with the 6L6 being used most often. 6L6 is a blackface-to-tweedy Fender sound with a strong mid-focus, while the EL-34 is a Marshall sound, with an even more aggressive, muscular low end.
Leslies: 2 x Leslie G-37. One of the Leslies is dedicated to guitar, while the other is used for the samples coming from the McMillen 12-step. There is a Leslie speed selector switch and a volume expression pedal that controls the Guitar Leslie volume.
Electric: Koa 1, Mar-Mar (Old Reliable) with P-90s.
Mics: Trey’s rig is mic’d by a Shure SM-57 and a Royer SF-12. Trey also uses SE GuitarF Reflexion Filters to isolate these mics. Trey also told me that he added extra filters to the non-mic’d speakers just to tame some of the stage volume.
Effects (see below for order):
• 2 x Tube Screamer (vintage TS-808)
• Digitech Whammy II
• 2 x Electro Harmonix (“EHX”) POG2
• EHX B9
• 2 x Beigel Tru-Tron 3x Envelope Filter (one sweeps UP, one DOWN)
• CAE Wah
Time-Based (reverb and delay)
• Eventide Space Reverb
• Source Audio Ventris (Ambikab Loops)
• 2 x Eventide TimeFactor (Ambikab Loops, set to DIGI)
• 2 x Way Huge Supa Puss atop rack (both have the R79 removed from the printed circuit board, allowing for a smoother curve or more linear slope on the mix control. One is set to quarter note, the other to dotted eighth.)
• Ibanez DM-2000 digital delay
• Victoria Reverberato
• Bradshaw Custom Super Tremolo (for CHOP)
• Shin -Ei UniVibe
• McMillen 12-step midi keyboard foot controller (see the bottom of the 2018 Spring TAB Tour entry for a full explainer)