New + Notable: Trey added an Empirical Labs Distressor compression unit to his effects rack, and a Lexicon PCM 42 digital delay to his wet rack, which previously had included reverb only.
Electric Guitar Amplification:
• 1 x Trainwreck Express
By the fourth night of the MSG run in April, Trey was down to a single Trainwreck head, and he stuck with that for Spring and Summer 2022. There’s no longer a second head dedicated to the effects rig.
Electric Guitar Cabinets:
• Bruno 1 x 12. This is the DRY cab. For this tour, Trey used a “naked”, i.e., uncovered Bruno cabinet. It’s loaded with a single G12-65H speaker, as per Trey’s usual preference. This cabinet is mic’d with a Royer R-122V vacuum tube ribbon mic and a Shure Beta 57a.
• 2 1×12 custom WET RIG cabinets (black). These are loaded with Celestion F12-X200 speakers and mic’d with Royer Labs R-121 Ribbon mics.
• Leslie G-37 guitar rotating speaker.
• Koa 1. This was the primary instrument for summer tour.
• Koa 2. This guitar was at Dick’s.
Electric Rig Effects:
• 2 x Tube Screamer (vintage TS-808)
• Klon Centaur Overdrive
• NEW: Empirical Labs Distressor Compressor. When in use, this took the place of the Ross Compressor.
• Digitech Whammy II
• 1 x Electro Harmonix (“EHX”) POG2
• EHX Key 9
• CAE Wah
• Mu-Tron 3 Envelope Filter
• 2 x Line 6 M5 Stompbox modeler. One is labeled “PRE” and the other “POST”, which refers to their effect order in the Bradshaw rig.
• 2 x Boss SY-1 Synthesizer
Time-Based (reverb and delay)
• Eventide Space Reverb
• 3 x Way Huge Supa Puss atop rack: (1) set to quarter note, (2) set to dotted eighth, (3) set to tapped 1/4 note and low in the mix, a “thickener” they call “SOAR”. All have the Analogman Mix Pot Taper Mod, which removes the R79 resistor from the printed circuit board, allowing for a smoother curve or more linear slope on the mix control.
• Ibanez DM-2000 digital delay
• Digitech Obscura (for reverse delay)
• Victoria Reverberato
• Shin -Ei UniVibe
• CAE/Black Cat Super Tremolo (usually for CHOP)
• Bricasti Design Model 7 Stereo Reverb Processor (this takes a line out feed from the custom switchbox that selects amp heads so that both the DIRECT and EFFECTS head have reverb.
• NEW: Lexicon PCM 42 Digital delay.
• Fryette LX II Stereo Power Amp (this reamps the signal coming from the effects)
Always appreciate these, Ryan. Thank you!
Hope you’re well and enjoying the holiday season.
Once again, Thanks for another great post!
I’m wondering if the new rack will have everything the old one did, and I figured you’d be the guy to ask. In the photos of the back of the rack I’ve seen the Eventide Space and Ross compressor on the pedal drawers, but I haven’t seen the Supa Puss’, Boss Synths, POG2, or Mu-Tron. And it also looks like there isn’t enough room for all of them. I guess I’m asking if you know wether or not it will have everything or if you know of anything he’s not going to be using in the new rack.
I’m also curious if you have any info on the pedalboard he used the first time he sat in with Goose. I can make out 2 M5s, a switcher of some sort, and a TS.
Thanks for all the effort you put into this site. I absolutely love it!