There were some substantial changes to the Rig for Fall 2019 Phish tour. A few highlights:
- The Ambikab loops are running customized Keeley Electronics Eccos reverb/delays now. The Eccos replace Eventide Space and Time Factors in the Ambi loops.
- Trey is using Koa 2.
- Trey is using some new amplification. Details below.
I’ve written more details on all of this in the New Year’s entry, as well.
Amplification: 2 x Komet K60. 1 Special Guest Amp (Note: Trey was using a loaner guitar amp head (the “Special Guest Amp” or “SGA”) in addition to his customary pair of Komet 60 heads. The SGA is on loan from a high end amp shop in New York and it’s unclear at the moment whether it’ll be incorporated as part of the permanent rig. I’ve done some reporting on this amp and have identified them, but Trey is not ready to talk about it publicly yet, and I’m going to respect that boundary here as well. Once Trey starts talking publicly about it, I’ll backfill any posts at TGR accordingly.
TRS outputs: In order to achieve a direct, uninterrupted signal path between his pickups and the first preamp tube (V1) of the SGA while still maintaining access to his effects, Trey had TRS stereo outputs installed on his guitars, where one of the two stereo channels runs direct to the SGA and the second runs into the Bradshaw effects switching system and then a Komet 60. Though he doesn’t use both amps at the same time, Trey can set loops/delays/reverbs with the effects on the Komets and then switch outputs and play over them on the SGA. So you may hear what sounds like two guitars at once.
3 Komet Ambikabs. The Ambikabs are wet-dry rigs-in-a-box with their own effects loops with separate 10″ speakers. The 12″ speakers are Celestion Heritage 65’s. Trey is using customized Keeley Eccos pedals for reverb and delay functions in all Ambikabs. There were 3 Ambi’s on stage, one facing forward and 2 facing rearward.
Electric: Koa 2. Ocelot is backstage. Backup is Blonde No. 2.
• 2 x Tube Screamer (vintage TS-808)
• Ross Compressor
• Digitech Whammy II
• 2 x Electro Harmonix (“EHX”) POG2
• Boss OC-2 Octave Pedal
• EHX Key 9 x 2 (different sensitivity settings)
• 2 x Beigel Tru-Tron 3x Envelope Filter (one sweeps UP, one DOWN)
• CAE Wah
Note — Trey was experimenting with Envelope Filters during this run. He also used a Keeley Neutrino and Q-Tron +
Time-Based (reverb and delay)
• Eventide Space Reverb (Centaurus algo)
• Keeley Eccos delay and reverb in Ambikabs
• 2 x Way Huge Supa Puss atop rack (all have the R79 removed from the printed circuit board, allowing for a smoother curve or more linear slope on the mix control. One is set to quarter note, the other to dotted eighth)
• Ibanez DM-2000 digital delay
• Digitech Obscura Reverse Delay
• Victoria Reverberato
• Shin -Ei UniVibe
• Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble x 2 (fast and slow; settings 1 and 4. The second Rotary replaced the CHOP). )